Public-private partnerships will be needed more than ever to disrupt and take down cybercriminal operations, says Trend Micro security predictions for 2015
- More cybercriminals will turn to darknets and exclusive-access forums to share and sell crimeware.
- Increased cyber activity will translate to better, bigger, and more successful hacking tools and attempts.
- Exploit kits will target Android, as mobile vulnerabilities play a bigger role in device infection.
- Targeted attacks will become as prevalent as cybercrime.
- New mobile payment methods will introduce new threats.
- We will see more attempts to exploit vulnerabilities in open source apps.
- Technological diversity will save IoE/IoT devices from mass attacks but the same won’t be true for the data they process.
- More severe online banking and other financially motivated threats will surface.